After months of isolation, we know you’re ready to see friends and family! As we slowly get back to normality after 2020, it’s time to enjoy quality time with loved ones in the comfort of your own backyard. This summer bring your family together with the perfect outdoor kitchen! Not sure what to look for when it comes to planning an outdoor kitchen project? IntelliStone has you covered!
The Best Countertop Materials for an Outdoor Kitchen
Because of their weather-hardiness and ability to withstand the elements, countertops made of granite or Dekton by Cosentino are our top choices for an outdoor kitchen application.
Why Choose Granite Countertops?
Granite countertops have unmatched characteristics making them ideal for the outdoor space. Typically, granite comes in a wide array of color choices, multiple design options, and unparalleled durability. When compared to other countertop options, granite has superior performance.
- Can withstand high temperatures-hot pans will not burn the sturdy material
- Granite comes in distinctive patterns and styles
- It does not easily scratch
- Withstands harsh environmental conditions
- Will not dull over time
- Easy to maintain and clean
- An eco-friendly material
- It is aesthetically appealing and skyrockets the value of your home
Why Dekton for Outdoor Countertops?
Dekton by Cosentino is an ultra-compact surface that combines glass, high-tech porcelain and quartz under extreme pressures to create one of the finest outdoor countertop materials. The result is an exceptionally durable surface.
- Resistance to stains. Dekton is a non-porous, stain-resistant surface for coffee, wine, lemon juice and many other everyday products.
- High scratch resistance. Dekton is highly resistant to scratches, although we recommend the use of cutting boards to protect household utensils.
- Heat resistance. Dekton has a very good resistance to high temperatures without affecting its aesthetics or its properties. Hot pans are no match for Dekton!
Outdoor Countertop Maintenance Tips
Although granite and Dekton are known for their durability and longevity, they aren’t invincible. These products can withstand the elements and last a long time, but only if maintained and cared for properly. Below are a few tips to keep your outdoor countertops looking their best!
Cover your Countertops
As time passes, the sun, rain and cold weather can affect your custom outdoor kitchen installation. When your countertops are not in use, we recommend covering your surfaces using a durable material cover. You could also have your countertops installed under an awning!
Clean your Surfaces Regularly
Be sure to clean your outdoor kitchen countertop regularly, just as you would your indoor kitchen countertop. For both Dekton and granite countertops, we recommend using mild soap with water for routine cleaning. For tough stains, be sure to reach out to our countertop experts!
Keep you Granite Countertops Sealed
Although granite countertops are sealed upon installation, they need to be periodically resealed. When sealed correctly, granite countertops become almost impervious to damage from stains.
Ready to Create your Dream Outdoor Kitchen?
Can’t decide what countertop material is right for you? We’re happy to help! Contact us today to get started on your professional outdoor kitchen installation and view our surface materials in person.
At IntelliStone, we are proud to provide countertop fabrication and installation services in Tennessee! Our countertop showroom is located in Franklin, TN and we offer services to cities including Nashville, Brentwood, Spring Hill, La Vergne, Smyrna, Columbia, and more!